Autoblog may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Portable jump starters have become essential tools to keep in your trunk. Long gone are the days of flagging down a stranger and pulling out a p air of jumper cables to connect when you find yourself with a dead battery. Nowadays, you can give yourself a jump with these handy little electrified boxes.
This AVAPOW unit is a great one, and it’s currently available for under 50 bucks. It can jump start cars, SUVs, and even boats with up to 7.0-liter gas or 5.5-liter diesel engines. It also promises to work in fairly extreme temperatures, claiming to be able to jump vehicles in -4°F all the way up to 140°F. It features reverse polarity protection, over-current protection, high-temperature protection, over-load protection and more. If you need to charge a USB device or two, don’t worry, it has built-in USB 3.0 and USB-C outputs. A few helpful Amazon reviewers helped us to answer the question of how long the cables themselves are, saying that they measure at about 12-inches long each
- Delivers 1,500 Peak Amps
- Jump Starts cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles and boats with up to 7L gas and 5.5L diesel engines
- Made for use in temperatures from -4°F to 140°F
- Features 8 safety protection systems
- Includes USB 3.0 and USB-C connection ports
- Built-in flashlight, strobe and SOS light modes are available